Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Poppers Pizza and Beer OH My!

Jalapeno Poppers
(recipe from the WW newbie board)
8 jalapenos halved and De-seeded
place on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes to wilt on 400 degrees
8 laughing cow cheese wedges cut in half
1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
8 slices of turkey bacon cut in half
once the jalapenos are done wilting take them out and place a 1/2 laughing cow wedge on each one and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Then wrap each one in 1/2 slice of turkey bacon and bake another 20 minutes.
if you like the bacon more crispy put into microwave for a min or two before wrapping the poppers. 
makes 16 poppers at 1 points plus!
My review of this recipe
I made these couple days ago and really liked them. The laughing cow cheese doesn't melt but gets really hot and will burn your mouth if you don't let it cool. I also think in the future that I would use 16 whole jalapenos and just cut down one side  and open them up then stuff and wrap them. Only because I really like the flavor and heat. So 4 out of 5 stars for these. Why not 5? yeah I just plain love real melty cheese. These are pretty darn good but would prefer to use a low fat mozzarella and deal with the extra points plus on occasion.
Week 3's weigh in:
I lost 1 pound. Yay! I wasn't sure I would lose anything because I did  
drink a lot over the weekend and didn't watch my intake. On the other hand i did go to the Renaissance Festival and that entails a whole lot of walking activity. 
I had a whole lot of fun both days and I even embraced the little girl in me and got my picture with Twig the Fairy!

She is the coolest! Anyway, I did get off my caboose and got back into the Gym! I still get really bored when exercising and want to find a good distraction so I am not watching the clock as I workout. I know that is my problem. If I were distracted and focused on something other than the fact that I hate what is going on, it's boring and It's kinda hard, I know I would last longer on the Elliptical or treadmill. So I will be trying to get with my Brother in law or someone else who is better educated about ipod's and how to upload stuff to them and i think i will be better off. My niece was kind enough to give me her old Ipod shuffle that she hasn't used for a long time. She's the best. Maybe one of these days I'll share some of her artwork with you, she is AMAZING!
So tonight is a lazy night and I was in the mood for pizza and beer. So that's what I had for dinner! god I love WW for allowing me to be real and still lose weight. (I could never give up pizza!)

No comments:

Post a Comment