Friday, February 25, 2011

Watching my food on the new plan.....Points Plus!

Day 4 week 1
So far in doing the new WW plan the major difference that I am loving and have concerns with is the "free fruit". All fruits and most veggies are 0 pointplus. Which is amazing because I can just grab  an apple or banana, berries or something like that and not feel guilty about eating it. I am staying full and not feeling drprived at all. This is a wonderful thing. So why concerned? Because to feel full and satisfied all day and not feel guilty is totally foreign to me.  I have never felt full all day long and thought I'm going to lose weight this way.  So peeking at the scale I have already dropped about 5 lbs and yes I do realize it is the initial "honeymoon" weight of the first week but obviously the fruit isnt holding me back. So I just need to trust and go with it!
Edamame!
Oh my gosh, my coworker  bought a huge bag of single serving, steam in bag,  packets of edamame in pods with seasalt from Sam's Club early this week.  I think I am addicted to them. They are fun to eat and they are low in points and they fill me up. High in protein too for keeping me full. They seem to get me through the morning until lunchtime as a mid morning snack. I like it! So I am off to buy a bag for myself and replace what I ate of hers.  I am open to suggestions of other easy to grab and snack on stuff. If you know of any please comment and let me know I would appreciate some variety.
Binge snacking!
 I had gotten used to snacking and watching tv in the evenings and last night was hard. I have 49 weekly points now to use whenever i want a little something extra during any given week. Thank God for this, because last night I was on an eating frenzy.  I just couldnt stop and hunger had nothing to do with it. It was all munching mindlessly. I did not go over my weekly points so I should still be good for weigh in but still!  I got on the WW message boards (newbies are the best!) to ask advise and they suggested that maybe i didnt have enough protein in my day. You know they were right. I had very little at lunch in my healty choice meal. I had some meat sauce  on my pasta and not much else except the edamame. I think this had a lot to do with it. The high carb dinner may have affected it too. I will have to watch that in the future.
I really should get off my ass!
I haven't been to the gym in quite a long time. I haven't done any exercizing at home. It's really been on my mind lately so I think I really need to get up and do Something/Anything. How do you get motivated?
is there something you tell yourself that keeps you  going to your workout?




Estrella War XXVII
As you can see I had a blast at war! Getting all dressed up Medieval style, Camping out, and getting together with good friends and making new ones, how can this girl go wrong! I got sick part way through the war but managed to get out and have a bit of fun anyway. Came home a day early but the entire trip was good. Missed out on a couple of parties and stuff due to my cold but next war is only 4 months away and hey Barmaid's is even sooner than that! Ive never gone to Barmaids but im thinking of doing it this year!  Besides I have a LOT of bottles of Alcohol left over I need to do something with! 

1 comment:

  1. I have found if I cut fruit up into smaller than "normal"(apples into slices,cantaloupe into cubes ETC) I eat less, as it forces you to eat smaller bites, and therefore eat slower- You still end up eating a whole apple but it takes 45mins and you can eat it stop and go at your desk or while watching TV. Delicious! Also Assuming you aren't allergic, Plain Popcorn or the 100calorie butter ones work too- sprinkle in adobo seasoning or chili powder-- adds a delish kick and nominal calories!!

    ~Isobel

    ReplyDelete