Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cake YIKES!


I Decorated a cake today for a pot luck at my mom's church. As you can see I really need to practice my writing/piping skills. My hand was a bit  shakey this morning. It was fun though and looks like I'll be getting that practice in here in the near future. Lucky for me we dont keep the cakes around the house otherwise I would probably indulge too often. We are making them for other people and giving them away. I have done other cakes and you can view them on my myspace page if you would like that's @ www.myspace.com/jaminjudy/photos/albums/cake-decorating/1633421  I believe it is viewable by the public.

I wanted to share a Recipie with you today that I love. I wouldnt go right to saying it is low in points or anything like that but it is really good.  If your on WW  the recipie is for 4 servings at 10 points a serving, obviously the sauce is what makes up most of the points so if you went light on the sause when serving it up you could lighten up the points a bit. you could also cook the pork is small peices instead of in chops and make the serving size a little different and therefore making the point per serving come down also. use your recipie builder and play with it.


Brandied Peach Pork

2 tbsp olive oil
4 lean pork loin chops
1/4 cup red onion or shallots
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup apricot marmalade
(sugar free for a lighter choice)
10oz pkg frozen peaches

Preheat your skillet at med high heat, when its hot add olive oil and place in the pork chops. Brown the pork chops on both sides getting a nice sear on each side, remove from heat, they wont be completely cooked at this point. Cover with foil and set aside. Into the pan add the butter and onion/shallots sautee until translucent about 1 or 2 minutes then add fresh thyme and stir. Pour in the brandy and allow to cook for about a minute to cook off some of the alcohol. Add in the marmalade and melt down about another minute. Then place the pork chops back in add the frozen peaches and cover. reduce to simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes
 It is such a good tasting dish I know you will enjoy it. I cook it for my family often.
I went to see the movie Eat Pray Love last night with my mom and sister. It was great for the three of us to enjoy some time just us girls, I love them soo much! The movie was pretty good. Who doesnt love Julia Roberts, right?! Total chick flick though..lol I was totally jealous of the Eat portion of this movie as it is in my favorite country, Italy. I love to cook italian, eat italian, drink italian wine, and Dream of spending a few months in Italy some day learning to cook and love and live italian style.......maybe someday. SIGH!
That's all for today everybody I'll talk to you tomorrow!


Accountability Statement for today:
Not too much happening today in my world, I didnt go to the Gym today. Chose to sleep in and enjoy some good dreams. This means i didnt make it to the PureCore class this week.  Made flatbread pizza's at lunch, and I am just killing time with my blog. Going out to celebrate my Bff's birthday tonight and go dancing. Good way to get in some cardio!

No comments:

Post a Comment